Go Back to the Main Menu
1. How did the people who witnessed the raising of the widow’s son respond? How did they feel about the miracle and what was their theory about the identity of Jesus?
2. Name the ruler who imprisoned John the Baptist.
3. How are we to understand John’s question, “Art thou he that cometh, or look we for another?” What may have been going through his mind when he asked this question?
4. How are we to understand the teaching of verse 11? (p. 282)
5. What did John do that led his enemies to claim that he had a demon?
6. Why should repentance in Chorazin and Bethsaida have been more probable than in Tyre and Sidon? (p.286)
7. Explain as clearly as you can the meaning of Jesus’ teaching in verses 29 and 30. (p. 289)
8. Consider the account of the woman who anointed Jesus’ feet (290ff). Some were appalled that Jesus allowed this to happen. Who were they, and why did they disapprove? Why did Jesus permit this anointing? What do we learn from this experience?
9. Jesus told Simon the parable of the two debtors (p. 293). Explain briefly the lesson Jesus taught with this parable.
10. “Who is this that forgiveth sins?” Explain the implications of this question.
11. As he traveled through Galilee, Jesus was accompanied by the twelve and by “certain women.” Who were the women and why were they traveling with Jesus?